Welcome to the Registration page for the first annual AIA Washington Council Advocacy Summit. The Advocacy Summit is being held on November 10th at the Crown Plaza Seattle Airport hotel, 17338 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98188. The event runs from 9:30 – 5:00 with registration starting at 8:30. Space is limited.
This is a day long conference in which members will get to participate in defining the Washington Council’s advocacy efforts in the coming and future legislatures and to get training in effective methods of developing an advocacy campaign and how to effectively communicate that.
The discussion of present and future issues will be moderated by our lobbyist, Brad Boswell and our Executive Director, Jeffrey Hamlett, Esq., AIA. Cindy Schwartz, Senior Director, Advocacy and Caitlin Reagan, Manager, Public Affairs of the American Institute of Architects in Washington, D.C. are flying out to lead the training program.
Our goals for this event are:
- To train Washington AIA members how to conduct a campaign for in support of or opposition to legislation affecting our profession
- Provide a forum for the membership to identify Advocacy Issues that are important to our members throughout our state
- To get AIA members around the State excited about advocacy
- To learn communication techniques that can help with advocacy
- To learn how best to get to know and be supportive of our local representative or senator
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors on the key public policy matters for the upcoming legislative session.
- We hope those who attend will leave the event feeling they have participated in our state’s advocacy process and have learned skills to assist them in further participation in our state advocacy efforts.
- This event is FREE
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed by the Washington Council
- Lunch is provided for all registrants
- We are applying for 4-6 CES credits for the event
Due to limited space we can accept only a maximum of 55 At-Large registrants. Acceptance is on a first come/first served basis.
Are you interested? If so, please register below. For those of you who have been asked by your Chapter to attend as a Delegate please register under the Delegate designation. For those of you who are simply interested in attending please register under the At-Large designation.
We hope to see many of you at the Crown Plaza on November 10th!”