Find an Architect
Kittitas, Grant, Adams, Benton, Franklin, Garfield, Asotin, Columbia, Wall Walla, Klickitat, and Yakima counties.
Questions to Ask Your Architect
- What is your design philosophy?
- What sets your firm apart from other architects with similar experience?
- Do you have experience with the building type and size of my project?
- Will you share with me a portfolio of similar projects and provide a list of client references?
- Who from the architecture firm will I be dealing with on a regular basis? Is this the person who will design my project?
- Are you interested enough in this project to make it a priority?
- What challenges do you foresee for my project?
- What do you see as the important issues or considerations in my project?
- What is your estimated timetable for my project?
- What means will you use to collect information about my needs, goals, etc.?
- How will you help me to fully understand the scope and sequence of the project?
- Will you utilize models, drawings, or computer animation?
- Do you have experience with “green” or sustainable design?
- Do you regularly integrate low or no cost sustainable design strategies into projects?
- Considering the many areas that may be affected by sustainable design, how will you determine which options to pursue?
- If sustainable design technologies are implemented, do upfront costs exist that may affect the construction budget?
- What are the expected pay back times?
- How do you establish fees? In anticipation of a formal proposal with costs, what would you expect your fee to be for this project?
- What is included in your basic services and what services would incur additional fees?
- If the scope of the project changes later in the project, will there be additional fees?
- How will these fees be justified? How will this be communicated to me?
- What is your track record with completing a project within the original budget?