1000 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
June 7, 2017
9:30 – 10:30 Pick up name tag, agenda, program handouts, and a list of all
participants with contact information
10:00–11:00 2017 Legislative Session Debrief
- Review of Legislative Session by Brad Boswell of Boswell Consulting (AIA Washington Council Lobbyist)
- Questions to Brad by attendees
- Comments by one Democrat and one Republican legislator about the 2017 legislative session; and a look ahead to the 2018 legislative session.
- Q & A period in which the attendees may ask questions of Brad and the legislators.
11:00-11:30 Top 3 advocacy goals of Washington Council
10:30 to 12:30 Lunch (on your own or with friends / new acquaintances)
12:30-3:30 Policy Committee Breakout Sessions
The presently defined (and desired) Policy Committees will break out into groups in conference rooms at the Center for Architecture & Design, Bassetti Architects, Mahlum, and Miller Hull Partnerships, LLP to discuss:
- Overview of committee’s activities during the 2017 legislative session
- Discuss issues that are likely to arise in the 2018 session, including bills that did not pass in the 2017 session
- Why AIA member engagement is important
- Define any issues on which the committee feels the AIA Washington Council should be advocating
- Prepare presentation to present to full group of conference attendees
3:30-4:30 Committee Presentations to the Group
4:30-5:30 Between Sessions Advocacy Outreach Planning
- Discuss plans for meeting legislators during the period between legislative sessions.
- This will be followed up with a sign-up sheet for volunteers willing to participate in between session outreach.