The AIA Washington Council will be holding its third annual Spring Advocacy Conference on May 16, 2019 in Spokane. The conference will take place in the City of Spokane’s meeting rooms adjacent to the Looff Carrousel. The Looff Carrousel is located in Riverfront Park off W Spokane Falls Blvd, between N. Howard Street and N. Stevens Street. The conference runs from noon to 5:30 pm. A reception will follow at ALSC Architects, 203 N. Washington, Suite 400.
This is a conference in which members will:
- hear an overview of the 2019 legislative session from Kirsten Smith, AIA Washington Council’s Manager of Policy & Advocacy;
- participate in specific policy committee discussions regarding successes and failures concerning bills submitted during the 2019 legislative session, plan for legislative campaigns for the 2020 legislative session, and prepare a report of your groups discussions for presentation to the larger group; and
- participate in planning for outreach to state legislators. You can have a voice and impact lawmakers today.
- There is NO cost for the event.
- Transportation expenses will be reimbursed by the AIA Washington Council
- Lunch will be provided as part of the conference.
- A reception will follow the conclusion of the conference
- We will be applying for AIA CE credits.
- We hope to have a Q&A with a Spokane area legislator over the lunch hour; that will, however, depend on whether the legislature has wrapped up the 2019 session by the time of this event.
To register, please click the registration button below.REGISTER NOW
We hope to see many of you at the Looff Carrousel meeting rooms on May 16th!