The AIA Washington Council is proud to announce its first annual Spring Advocacy Conference to be held on June 7, 2017 in Seattle. The conference will start and finish at Hotel 1000, 1000 1st Avenue, with break-out sessions to take place in nearby conference rooms at the Center for Architecture & Design, Bassetti Architects, Mahlum, and Miller Hull Partnership, LLP. The conference runs from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm with registration starting at 9:30 am. Space is limited.
This is a day-long conference in which members will:
- Hear an overview of the 2017 legislative session from the AIA Washington Council’s lobbyist, Brad Boswell of Boswell Consulting, LLC (we are also inviting two legislators to provide their overview of the 2017 legislative session;
- Participate in discussions to identify the 3 highest priority advocacy goals of the AIA Washington Council;
- Participate in specific policy committee discussions regarding successes and failures concerning bills submitted during the 2017 legislative session, plan for legislative campaigns for the 2018 legislative session, and prepare a report of your groups discussions for presentation to the larger group; and
- Participate in planning for outreach to state legislators. You can have a voice and impact lawmakers today
- The event costs $25
- Transportation expenses will be reimbursed by the AIA Washington Council
- Lunch will not be provided as part of the conference. Please enjoy the many restaurant options available in the vicinity of the conference.
- We are applying for 4-6 CES LU credits for the event.
Due to limited space we can accept only a maximum of 110 registrants on a first come/ first served basis. To register, please click the registration button below.REGISTER NOW
We hope to see many of you at Hotel 1000 on June 7th!