The AIA Washington Council will be holding its second annual Spring Advocacy Conference on June 13, 2018 in Seattle. The conference will start and finish at Hotel 1000, 1000 1st Avenue, with break-out sessions to take place in nearby conference rooms at Bassetti Architects, Mahlum, and other nearby firms. The conference runs from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm with registration starting at 9:30 am. A reception will follow in the Hotel 1000. Space is limited.
This is a day-long conference in which members will:
- Hear an overview of the 2018 legislative session from the AIA Washington Council’s lobbyist, Brad Boswell of Boswell Consulting, LLC;
- Participate in specific policy committee discussions regarding successes and failures concerning bills submitted during the 2018 legislative session, plan for legislative campaigns for the 2019 legislative session, and prepare a report of your groups discussions for presentation to the larger group; and
- Participate in planning for outreach to state legislators. You can have a voice and impact lawmakers today.
- There is NO cost for the event.
- Transportation expenses will be reimbursed by the AIA Washington Council
- Lunch will not be provided as part of the conference. Please enjoy the many restaurant options available in the vicinity of the conference.
- A reception with a no-host bar and hors d’ouevres will follow the conclusion of the conference.
- This event has been approved for 5 LU/HSW CES credits – please click on the CES page on the left hand side of this page for further information.
To register, please click the registration button below.REGISTER NOW
We hope to see many of you at Hotel 1000 on June 13th!