A Message from Executive Director Tammie Sueirro
We are experiencing unprecedented impacts to our communities and our firms. As we share the responsibility to avoid spreading the COVID-19 virus, we know that the very measures we take to slow the spread can also negatively impact our businesses.
Our staff is working to curate resources to our members so that they can navigate this situation, below is a start to those resources. AIA|WA will work with the local chapters to provide assistance and resources where we can. If you have further resources to share with other members, please forward them to me at email@example.com.
Click here to read our COVID blog – email updates from Tammie since the start of the pandemic.
REOPENING THE WORKPLACE RESOURCES:
- WA COVID-19 Reopening Guidance for Businesses and Workers
- CDC Guidelines for Businesses
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- AIA National Re-Occupancy Assessment Tool
- AWB’s Rebound & Recovery: resources, tools and WA state sourcing for PPE and more
- Boston Consulting Group WA Business Checklist
- CDC Employer Information for Office Buildings
- Seattle & Bellevue Chambers of Commerce: Reopening the Workplace Toolkit (more detail may be downloaded here)
- Cushman & Wakefield: Recovery Readiness How to Guide for Reopening your Workplace
Watch the recording of our 6/19 webinar, Best Practices for Reopening Architecture Practices.
KEY COVID RESOURCS:
- AIA National COVID-19 Resources for Architects
- Washington Employment Security Dept. SharedWork Program
- AIA National Resources on the CARES Act and the Paycheck Protection Program
- Register with FEMA to Assist with Disaster Relief Projects (including U.S. Army Corps of Engineers contracting)
- Washington State Coronavirus Response
- Centers for Disease Control: Coronavirus
- US Government Report on Coronavirus
2018 Code Updates
On April 2, Gov. Inslee issued an executive order delaying the implementation date of the 2018 code updates from July 1 to Nov. 1, 2020. On May 19, Gov. Inslee officially rejected some calls to delay the code implementation beyond Nov. 1.
CHANGE IN BUSINESS RESOURCES:
- Practical Employer Guidance on COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Labor employer obligations and employee rights (COVID-19)
- Federal “Families First Act” – Employer Paid Leave to Employees
- Architect standard of care relative to site visits during the COVID-19 pandemic
- AIA National Update on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act 3.24.20
- AIA National Update on Federal Relief Packages 3.19.20
- AIA National Firm Management: Manage your architecture firm’s risk in response to COVID-19
- Sample Site Visit Policies – AIA National
- Architects’ Standard of Care re: Site Visits – AIA National
- Maintaining Business Continuity with a Remote Workforce
- Contractual Impacts and How to Address Them
- Creating a Remote Work Policy
- Managing Remote Employees Successfully
- AIA Trust Guide to Virtual Practice
- Straightforward Advice on Preserving Cash Flow
SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES:
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist (U.S. Chamber of Commerce) Paycheck Protection Program/CARES Act
- Small Business Exchange
- List of Resources for Seattle’s Small Businesses
- Coronavirus: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources (U.S. Small Business Administration)
Paycheck Protection Program loans for small businesses are here! More info and the link to the loan application are HERE. Sole proprietors, businesses with fewer than 500 employees and more are eligible. Borrowers are eligible to have their loans forgiven. Info on how to apply in Washington HERE.
- Student Loan Debt Relief in the CARES Act
- Free AIAU Courses for AIA Members
- Free Access to ArchiPrep ARE Prep Software (April only & Associate AIA Members only)
Do you have resources we should add to our list? Let us know!