A Message from Executive Director Tammie Sueirro
We are experiencing unprecedented impacts to our communities and our firms. As we share the responsibility to avoid spreading the COVID-19 virus, we know that the very measures we take to slow the spread can also negatively impact our businesses.
Our staff is working to curate resources to our members so that they can navigate this situation, below is a start to those resources. AIA|WA will work with the local chapters to provide assistance and resources where we can. If you have further resources to share with other members, please forward them to me at email@example.com.
Paycheck Protection Program loans for small businesses are here! More info and the link to the loan application are HERE. Sole proprietors, businesses with fewer than 500 employees and more are eligible. Borrowers are eligible to have their loans forgiven.
2018 Code Updates
On April 2, Gov. Inslee issued an executive order delaying the implementation date of the 2018 code updates from July 1 to Nov. 1, 2020.
- AIA|WA List of Project, Business & Other Resources
- Register with FEMA to Assist with Disaster Relief Projects (including U.S. Army Corps of Engineers contracting)
CORONA VIRUS RESPONSE IMMEDIATE RESOURCES:
- Centers for Disease Control: Coronavirus
- US Government Report on Coronavirus
- Washington State Coronavirus Response
- Comprehensive List of Resources from AIA|WA’s lobbyist
CHANGE IN BUSINESS RESOURCES:
- Practical Employer Guidance on COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Labor employer obligations and employee rights (COVID-19)
- Federal “Families First Act” – Employer Paid Leave to Employees
- Architect standard of care relative to site visits during the COVID-19 pandemic
- AIA National Update on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act 3.24.20
- AIA National Update on Federal Relief Packages 3.19.20
- AIA National Firm Management: Manage your architecture firm’s risk in response to COVID-19
- Free AIAU Courses for AIA Members
- Maintaining Business Continuity with a Remote Workforce
- Contractual Impacts and How to Address Them
- Creating a Remote Work Policy
- Managing Remote Employees Successfully
- AIA Trust Guide to Virtual Practice
- Straightforward Advice on Preserving Cash Flow
SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES:
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist (U.S. Chamber of Commerce) Paycheck Protection Program/CARES Act
- Small Business Exchange
- List of Resources for Seattle’s Small Businesses
- Coronavirus: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources (U.S. Small Business Administration)
Do you have resources we should add to our list? Let us know!