This is a day long conference in which members will get to participate in defining the Washington Council’s advocacy efforts in the coming and future legislatures and to get training in effective methods of developing an advocacy campaign and how to effectively communicate that.
The purpose of this summit meeting is to discuss of present and future issues affecting the architecture community.
Our goals for this event are:
- To train Washington AIA members how to conduct a campaign for in support of or opposition to legislation affecting our profession
- Provide a forum for the membership to identify Advocacy Issues that are important to our members throughout our state
- To get AIA members around the State excited about advocacy
- To learn communication techniques that can help with advocacy
- To learn how best to get to know and be supportive of our local representative or senator
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors on the key public policy matters for the upcoming legislative session.
- We hope those who attend will leave the event feeling they have participated in our state’s advocacy process and have learned skills to assist them in further participation in our state advocacy efforts.
- This event is FREE
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed by the Washington Council
- Lunch is provided for all registrants
- We are applying for 4-6 CES credits for the event
Dates have not been set for the 2017 Summit. Please check back.