Navigating the State Legislative Session
Friday Jan. 7, 2022 | Noon-1 pm | Online
You will receive 1 Learning Unit for participating.
Join us for this webinar immediately before the legislative session begins. We’ll review how the legislative process works and help you learn to navigate the state’s legislative website with ease. These skills will allow you to follow the bills and issues you are interested in and better understand how you can maximize contacts to your legislators and best impact the process.
You’ll learn how to:
- Track a bill through the legislative process
- Find out what committees your legislators are on
- Review your legislators’ votes
- Contact your legislator’s legislative assistant
- Find summaries of bills, including pro and con testimony
- Sign up to testify on a bill
- Find out what’s on a committee’s agenda
- Determine the best time in a bill’s lifecycle to contact your legislators
- and more!